Proxy servers are computers or applications in a network that act as gateways to larger network structures (such as the Internet) and larger servers to improve efficiency and reliability. Connecting to the proxy server is done by getting the protocol address and setting it on the Web browser you use.
Set the proxy server on Windows
Here is how to set up a Windows PC to use a proxy server on Windows 8 or Windows 10:
1. On your Windows computer, start Settings (Start > Settings).
2. Click Network and Internet options.
3. Click Proxy Settings.
4. Enable the installation script option.
5. Enter the script address provided (by your employer, school, or other server owner) and select Save. You can then exit the Settings and the script should take effect immediately.
A: congratulations! You are complete and ready to proxy.
Here are the steps to manually set up the proxy on Windows 8 or Windows 10:
Not every organization automatically sets up processes. If you need to manually set the proxy in Windows 8 or Windows 10, follow these steps.
1. To access the Windows Settings menu, press the Windows + I key simultaneously.
2. On Windows 10, choose Settings > Network and Internet > Proxy. On Windows 8, click Settings > Network Proxy.
3. Scroll down to Manual Proxy Settings and set Use proxy server to On.
4. In the address field, enter the proxy server name or IP address. In the port field, enter the proxy port number. You can obtain this information from your IT support technician.
5. If the proxy server is password protected, select the Proxy Server Requires password check box. Enter your account name and password in the Username and Password field.
6. Click Save.
Everything here belongs to it. You are now set up to use a proxy server on Windows. The next time you use the Internet, you will use a proxy server.
Create a proxy server on a Mac
It is also not difficult to create a proxy server on a Mac. How this is done:
1. Start the system preferences menu.
2. Select the Network TAB.
3. Find the advanced option and select it.
4. Then, select the proxy option. Here, if you choose automatic proxy discovery, you can automatically set up the proxy, and your computer will configure everything itself.
5. Alternatively, you can manually perform this operation. You must then click on the type of broker and enter its port and address (the port is small) in the appropriate field. If the server is password protected, you may also need to enter proxy server credentials.
6. When finished, click OK to save your changes and create the proxy.
You can now access the Internet through an proxy.
Set the proxy server in Internet Explorer
Like other browsers, IE uses your Windows Proxy configuration by default. Here is how to set up a proxy in IE.
1. Open the Internet Explorer toolbar and select Internet options.
2. Open the Connections TAB.
3. Select LAN Settings.
4. Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN box.
5. Enter the proxy server name and port number when prompted.
6. Click OK to save your Settings.
Set the proxy in Google Chrome
By default, Chrome uses your macOS or Windows proxy. To change the proxy Settings in Chrome, perform the following steps:
1. Open the Chrome toolbar and select Settings.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the display. Click Show Advanced Settings...
3. Scroll down to System and select turn on your computer's proxy Settings.
4. Next, go back to the instructions listed above for your operating system to set up the proxy server Settings and follow them.
Set the proxy server in Firefox
Unlike other web browsers, Firefox does not use your system's proxy Settings by default. You need to change your proxy in Firefox:
1. Open the Firefox menu and select options.
Click the advanced icon.
3. Select the Network TAB.
4. In connection Settings, select the proxy configuration to automatically detect this network. When prompted, enter the proxy address.
5. Alternatively, in connection Settings, you can choose to use system proxy Settings. If you select this option, Firefox will use the proxy Settings in your operating system.
6. Click OK to save your Settings.
Roxlabs provides 500MB traffic, which can be claimed after registration and login. Contains IP resources from many countries in the world, which can be extracted and used.