title

Why should free agents not be used?

name

Ana Quil

01-05-2022

As governments and technology giants try to use tight regulations and loopholes to weaken online privacy, users are increasingly turning to anonymous browsing as a way to increase privacy, evade censorship and visit insecure sites. T is available from its national or workplace network.

Free network agents are not secure.

According to security researcher ChristianHaschek, most free web agents are insecure or unreliable. Based on preliminary analysis, Haschek wrote a computer program that examined 443 free web agents to see whether a given agent allowed encryption (HTTPS) of web traffic and whether the agent tried to modify web content or inject ads into a user's browser session.

The results showed that only 21 percent of the agents tested did not engage in risky behavior. The remaining 79% of network agents surveyed force users to load web pages as unencrypted (HTTP). In addition, Haschek found that about 16 percent of the web agents it analyzed modified HTML code, and another 8 percent of JavaScript code injected ads and stole cookies. Further analysis of more than 20,000 agents supported his initial findings. All this means that most of these agents' operators are untrustworthy.

In the world, using HTTPS to encrypt network communications is particularly important to monitor and steal sensitive personal information on a large scale. HTTPS tells Web browsers to use an extra layer of encryption called SSL/TLS to secure Web traffic. Haschek warns that these open agents could analyze your traffic, force you to participate in distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks on sites, and steal your sensitive information, such as credit card or login details.

How to select a secure proxy protocol? If the IP needs to be an e-commerce platform or social media, consider selecting roxlabs dedicated computer room IP. Fast IP, easy to set, unlimited traffic.

More on: Roxlabs proxy 

Recent posts

title
username

Ana Quil

Who are proxy networks?
01-13-2022